Wednesday, May 22, 2013

About cloudy days and grainy photos.






So many photos I need to take (for the new collection and an exciting feature) and the days for the last week or more have been cloudy, gloomy, rainy...A couple weeks ago days were amazingly sunny and I knew I needed to take advantage but procrastination won and I missed my chance of nice light for pictures. Now I'm at the weather's mercy and getting a bit panicked as I truly want to 'unveil' the new pieces by the end of this month.


Aaaanyways. I took these grainy (annoyed with the light) photos today when I was sitting at my desk trying to get some work done but of course I didn't. My little one was around and she decided to try on my ring and be my hand model ;) That gorgeous ring is a vintage piece made of bronze and I added the lapis lazuli cabochon on it. It's a truly gorgeous piece and I'm in love with it, I'm thinking maybe keeping it or maybe to sell it, I don't know...I had it cast in silver, just two pieces which I will set cabochons of amazonite and lapis lazuli on them respectively, those I'll put for sale for sure :) Anyone would be interested in the vintage one?

OK, I'll get to work now, too much to make for Puces POP and Urban Craft, I'm a bit behind on production! No free evenings or weekends for me until fairs are over, but I love it, don't get me wrong: specially now that things are slooowwwly.

To the bench! (Thank goodness husband is making dinner: mushroom risotto, mmm!)

Thanks for reading :)
Iveth

4 comments:

  1. what a lovely model you have! and lovely ring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these photos and that sweet little hand. The ring is gorgeous too. I would have a hard time selling it.

    We also had a week of cloudy, dark days where I couldn't photograph anything for the shop. This week has been sunny but I've been really sick and not working too much. I'm sure as soon as I'm feeling better, the weather will be dark and cloudy again. Haha.

    Hope your show goes really well this weekend!
    xo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Mary! Hope you were able to take your photos! I took mine but I have to work a lot on them because I didn't have the proper light, being partially cloudy when I took them :s

      Delete