Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Inspired

Papier Mache is one of my absolutely favorite on-line mags out there. No matter how many times i visit the same issue i always find something new and inspiring. So it was weird for me to wait until now to go check issue 4 that was out since last August! but the true is that lately i haven't had the time to check many things i like on the internet.
Well, i just went to check issue 4 and as always, i find myself full of that strange, happy feeling you get when you see something you really like and that inspires you.
They got me from the first page (well, that's pretty much usual with papier mache!) with an absolutely beautiful phrase from Jack Kerouac, to dedicate the issue to the dreamers, misfits, wildflowers and the mad ones:

Via papier mache magazine I immediately thought of my girl when i saw this! my little wildflower.

"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round heads in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status-quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify, or vilify them. But the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do. " -Jack Kerouac.


This is the first time i read something by this writer and i just found a new favourite.
I relate to his philosophy. I mean, is not that i think i'm going to change the world and that i'm doing this extraordinary things (but then again, who knows?!), but i've always been the wildflower, the misfit, the dreamer and the mad one. I got to say i've always been proud of being that girl. "Normal" scares me a bit. And when i know i make someone think how immature, crazy i am, i can't help but smile, because i know they're just too normal to understand.

Isn't great to find something cool to love? a book, a movie, a great recipe, a blog... i found today the lead to this author and for that, here's to Papier Mache magazine, that never fails to inspire me!

2 comments:

  1. I also love Papier Mache, always very inspirational!

    Camila F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! i think is one of my favourite on-line mags out there :)

    ReplyDelete